Information about cookies
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored by the computer when a website is visited by a user. The text stores information that the site is able to read when it is consulted at a later time. Some of these cookies are necessary for the proper functioning of the site, while others are useful to the visitor because they are able to safely store, for example, the user name or language settings. The advantage of having cookies installed on your PC is that you no longer need to fill in the same information every time you want to access a previously visited site.
Cookies used for aggregate analysis of website visits
Google Analytics information: http://www.google.it/analytics/learn/privacy.html
Google Analytics (configuration): http://www.google.it/analytics/learn/privacy.html
We use analytical cookies to better understand how our users use the website, to optimize and improve the site, making it always interesting and relevant to users. This information is anonymous, and used only for statistical purposes.
How can I disable cookies?
It is possible to modify the browser to disable cookies through a very simple procedure. Warning: by disabling cookies, both username and password will no longer be stored in the login box of the site.
- Open Firefox
- Press the “Alt” button on your keyboard
- In the toolbar located at the top of the browser, select “Tools” and then “Options”
- Then select the “Privacy” tab
- Go to “History Settings:” and then to “Use custom settings”. Uncheck “Accept cookies from sites” and save your preferences.
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click on the “Tools” button and then on “Internet Options”
- Select the “Privacy” tab and move the slider to the level of privacy you want to set (up to block all cookies or down to allow them all)
- Then click OK
- Open Google Chrome
- Click on the “Tools” icon
- Select “Settings” and then “Advanced settings”
- Select “Content Settings” under “Privacy”
- In the “Cookies” tab you can deselect the cookies and save your preferences
- Open Safari
- Choose “Preferences” in the toolbar, then select the “Security” panel in the dialog box that follows
- In the “Accept cookies” section you can specify if and when Safari should save cookies from websites. For more information click on the Help button (marked with a question mark)
- For more information on the cookies that are stored on your computer, click on “Show cookies”